Reminders & summaries
Last updated 07/01/2016
To help get users into the habit of writing a short update of their accomplishments each day we send reminders.
One of the best ways to get things done while still keeping in sync with your team is to read the daily summary of activity HeyUpdate will send each day. This will contain all updates and service activity since the last summary.
Reminders and summaries will be sent via e-mail, but can also be sent to a Slack channel or HipChat room with our integrations.
Team reminder/summary schedules
By default everyone in your team will be sent an e-mail reminder. The time and frequency of reminders (daily, weekdays, just Thursday, etc.) can also be changed.
- Click on your Team name and then click "Settings".
- Change your reminder/summary schedules and click "Save".
To change email settings for your team:
- Click "Email Settings" in the side menu.
- Change your settings and click "Save"
Your personal reminder schedule
If your team reminder is set to 5PM but you’d personally prefer to be reminded at 4PM then you can change this in your settings.
- Click on your name in the menu then click "Settings".
- Click on "Reminder Settings" in the side menu.
- Change your reminder schedule and click "Save".
You can optionally choose whether you would like to not be sent a reminder if you have already written an update that day.
Subscribing to teams
Normally you will only recieve your own team’s updates in the summary email. If you have multiple teams in your organization and would like to receive their updates too then you can subscribe to teams.
- Click on your name in the menu then click "Email Settings".
- Select the teams you would like to subscibe to and click "Save".